This site has moved! Old posts will remain here but new posts will be at www.embergrass.com/blog. Please go there to keep up with new content and re-subscribe!

Monday 17 October 2011

Inspiration - Mushrooms

No, not those kinds of mushrooms!

Anyway, here in San Francisco summer has just kicked in and I keep finding myself wearing too many clothes when I go out. But in most of the rest of the Northern Hemisphere autumn should have well and truly started by now. Colourful leaves and pumpkins seem to be the go-to images for autumn but I wanted to feature something a little less in-your-face. While mushrooms aren't restricted to autumn in any way they do thrive on damp and decay which is one of the less-attractive aspects of autumn. They also fit nicely with the usual autumn colour palette.

Colour Palette from Design Seeds
I never imagined I would find so many mushroom related items on Etsy but I did fulfill my hope of finding some very cute mushrooms! Of course no mushroom treasury is complete without a Mario item or 2 :)

Mushroom Etsy Treasury
If you know of, make or find any mushroom inspired items please feel free to share them in the comments.


No comments:

Post a Comment