This site has moved! Old posts will remain here but new posts will be at www.embergrass.com/blog. Please go there to keep up with new content and re-subscribe!

Thursday 13 October 2011

Featured Artist - Barron Design Studio

I realise it's been a while since I wrote a 'Featured Artist' post but I haven't forgotten about them! In fact I'm going to try and start posting one every week (dependent on if I can find a unique enough artist).

Anyway, this week its Barron Design Studio

I was instantly struck when I saw this piece and it's what drew me into the store in the first place. You know how much I love copper and if you've read a few of my 'Inspiration' posts you've probably gathered that I love the outdoors too!

Hammered Copper Oak Leaf Necklace

I love this adorable ring. The mixed metals work really well to highlight and bring warmth to the rose bud. I also love the unique way its been made adjustable. I try to avoid buying jewelry because I hardly ever get the chance to wear something not made by me but I might have to make an exception for this!

Adjustable Handcut Rose Ring

I can't resist flowers as cute and delicate as these. I love the way the post isn't a standard, short post with a butterfly, instead its a long stem so it looks like you actually picked a flower and poked it through your ear.

Sterling Silver Hammered Flower Earrings

If you're looking for something a little more unique, here is a design I haven't seen anywhere else. It's still flower inspired and just as delicate but not quite as cutesy. I really like the shape those 3 petals make.

Ma Petite Fleur Amethyst Earrings

If you know of any unique jewelry artists that I should feature, please let me know in the comments or on twitter (@embergrass), I'd love to hear from you :)


No comments:

Post a Comment