This site has moved! Old posts will remain here but new posts will be at www.embergrass.com/blog. Please go there to keep up with new content and re-subscribe!

Tuesday 12 July 2011

New Camera!

If you follow me on facebook then you will know that I recently broke my old camera and had to replace it. I had already decided a few months ago that I wanted to upgrade my old camera (an advanced point-and-shoot) for a DSLR and I planned to save up the money for the new one from my jewelry sales.
Unfortunately the old one turned out to be at the end of its life span anyway and broke when I tried to upload my latest batch of pictures to my computer. The USB socket fell inside the camera and then must have shorted an internal connection as, after that, it would no longer turn on. I did buy it second hand in 2007 so I guess it had a reasonably long life as far as electronic items usually go.

Ultimately this worked in my favour as my husband bought my new one for me straight away and now I have to work on paying him back for it with the proceeds from sales. I had already put a lot of research into deciding which one I wanted to get (so I knew how much to save up) and I am now the proud owner of a Canon EOS Rebel T2i!

Words can't express how much happier I am with it than with my old one. Without changing anything about the way I take photos they all come out looking loads better anyway and it is so much easier to get the focus in the right place. One of the biggest advantages is the RAW file format, which allows the pictures to be edited in so many different ways and they can also be edited so much more before they start to look weird or fake.

Taken with my new camera in Yosemite

No comments:

Post a Comment