This site has moved! Old posts will remain here but new posts will be at www.embergrass.com/blog. Please go there to keep up with new content and re-subscribe!

Sunday 9 January 2011

Rounding up and moving on into the new year

Having just taken a lovely few weeks off, going back to the UK to visit family and friends and then just relaxing once I got back to SF, I was planning to pick up where I left off with the Bootcamp posts. However I'm now feeling more like new year, new start and I don't really want to carry anything over. So I have decided to follow my own advice from my post Go with the flow.

That's not to say that I shouldn't have done Bootcamp. At the time it was a great push for me to get on and do a lot of the things I knew I should be doing. However, its very easy to get caught up in things and always be planning new projects and ways to expand, particularly if you are around other people who have been in the game longer. Taking that step back over the last few weeks has given me the chance to properly reflect on what I want to be working on rather than what everyone else is doing.

Turtle bead from Maybeads on Etsy
As a result of Bootcamp and also reading about each featured seller on Etsy I have also come to realise that there is no right answer. Although there are tried and tested methods of running a business, promoting it etc., there are plenty of people who ignored them or deliberately avoided them and ended up just as successful or at least happy with where they were.

So my plan for the new year is to consolidate what I know and what I have, work on, improve it and to make only small steps at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment