This site has moved! Old posts will remain here but new posts will be at www.embergrass.com/blog. Please go there to keep up with new content and re-subscribe!

Friday 12 March 2010

What I made with my purchases...

Any of you who read my previous post about the goodies I bought from General Bead in SF will be wanting to see what I made with the items I bought...

.... so here they are!

First, these earrings I made with the sterling silver butterfly charms, 6mm swarovski bicones in plain crystal colour and plain crystal swarovski drops. After having made several different pairs of earrings as candidates for me to wear at my wedding I have finally settled on these as they fit in with my butterfly theme!


These earrings were another contender but the butterflies swung it for me in the end. These are made with 4mm and 6mm swarovski bicones with a tony sterling silver spacer bead  and swarovski hearts to finish. They will be going on my Etsy site shortly and are perfect for a wedding.
 I mentioned how I've developed a new obsession with antiqued copper...
I've used this copper chain to make a very simple, long necklace. It has 2 features, the tied chain with the ends dangling below combined with the cluster of glass pearls, each with a small copper bead cap on top.
This is another item I made for myself so it won't be available to buy unless someone specifically requests something similar.



In the end I didn't need to do much to these beautiful copper leaves and I didn't want to detract from them or hide them in any way so I just attached a series of red and gold aurora borealis faceted glass beads along the underside to add some colour and sparkle. These earrings will also going up on my Etsy just as soon as I get this post posted!


So far I have only used 1 of my 2 sets of these bronze frames but you can see I went for a firey theme with the 2-tone red/orange crackle beads and amber round beads with gold fishhooks, red wire and copper wire. Another item for the Etsy shop :) I think I may try something a little more adventurous with the other set, I'll be sure to keep you updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment