This site has moved! Old posts will remain here but new posts will be at www.embergrass.com/blog. Please go there to keep up with new content and re-subscribe!

Wednesday 23 March 2011

Designs - Fresh Cut Grass

I posted an inspiration page on Fresh Cut Grass a while back and today I wanted to share my results of that post. Despite getting so many green beads through, my inspiration was limited, I guess it was all being channeled into circles!

I started with a simple change to an existing piece. I recreated my Honey Drop Earrings but instead of using Honey Jade for the beads, I used some of my newly-arrived Peridot Nuggets.


The Emerald Chips I ordered did inspire me to create something new, again a very simple style. I loved the look of them stacked on top of each other and, yes, I did bring in a circle!


I designed this to be a long necklace because that's the style I prefer, a style that is very popular at the moment and because it suits the style of the necklace itself better. I also made a pair of matching earrings - a simple stack of Emerald Chips on a long section of copper chain. I will be listing all three of these items in my Etsy shop soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment