This site has moved! Old posts will remain here but new posts will be at www.embergrass.com/blog. Please go there to keep up with new content and re-subscribe!

Monday 23 January 2012

Inspiration - Fire

It never really gets that cold in San Francisco but at the moment we do need the heating on so I imagine most of you are also relying on it to keep you warm. At this time of year nothing warms the heart against the cold, rain, wind and snow outside quite like a lovely crackling fire.

My love of fire stretches towards pyromania and has done for as long as I can remember. My earliest memories of fire are of the one we had in our home - I was desperate to poke it with the poker but was never allowed to even get close enough!

I find fire completely mesmerising and my career choices have both led me to work with flames, first as a Chemistry teacher and now as a jewelry maker. Fire comes in so many shapes and colours, hopefully I can share some of that beauty with you today!

Volcanic Hues from Design Seeds
Volcanoes are natural fire at its most dramatic. Potentially devastating but so intensely beautiful at the same time. I really love this colour palette but most of the items I found fitted with a brighter palette so I had to adapt it slightly.

Fire Treasury on Etsy

I hope this post has inspired you to create something wonderful, please feel free to share if it has!

No comments:

Post a Comment